You are entitled to be informed when your personal data, that is data through which you are identified or identifiable, is processed.
Processing includes, amongst others, collection, recording, storage and use of data.
Your Personal Data shall be processed:
- In a manner which is lawful, fair and transparent
- For the purpose specified
- Only as relevant and required in relation to the purpose
- For as long as required by the purpose
- In a manner which ensures appropriate security
What data we collect
The personal data we collect from you may include:
- your name, address, email address and telephone number
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact us through this website
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used to access the site
Why we need your data
We collect data in order to:
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- respond to your queries
- send email alerts to users who request them
- allow you to access the services offered through this website
- process your application, should you choose to submit one, for any of the services offered through this website
- monitor use of the site to identify security threats
Any processing of personal data in relation to the security of this website is done on the basis our legitimate interests, and the legitimate interests of our users.
We may process your personal data on the basis of your consent. Where this is the case, this is clearly indicated in the appropriate application form. Where your consent is the basis for the processing of your personal data, this may be withdrawn at any time. There may nevertheless be other lawful grounds which permit the continued processing of the data. It is important to understand, prior to the giving of consent, what the consent is being requested for.
The legal basis for processing all other personal data is that it is necessary to perform a task in the public interest.
What we do with your data
The data we collect may be shared with our service or technology suppliers, for example the contractor executing functions relating to this national water conservation campaign or our web hosting provider.
We will not:
- make commercial use of your data
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- the law requires us to
Children’s privacy protection
Although our website provides links to educational material which may be of interest to younger children, it is recommended that all internet usage by younger children is monitored by a responsible adult.
Our services are not designed for or intentionally targeted at children and we do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 16.
Where your data is processed and stored
We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at all stages, both while it is processed and when it is stored.
All personal data is stored in the European Economic Area (EEA).
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data.
We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it being held
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
- withdraw your consent to the processing of data, where applicable
Links to other websites
This website contains links to other websites.
Changes to this policy